Monday, November 3, 2008

The Crash

OK folks, this one is short.

I thought the economy was in the toilet. I thought the crash had come. I thought the bottom fell out, and that we were entering the next Great Depression.

I guess all these things may yet come to pass.

But to gain perspective, I looked back at conditions during the first Great Depression.

The market fell from a high of 333 to a low of 42.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=%5EDJI#chart2:symbol=^dji;range=19281023,20081023;indicator=volume;charttype=line;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=on

Unemployment reached 25 percent at its peak.

http://www.thegreatdepression.co.uk/unemployment-during-the-great-depression/

Today the market would have to go down to 1,754 to reach an equivalent decline.

Unemployment is hovering around 6 percent. I remember 8 1/2 percent under famed Democrat Jimmy Carter. That wasn't so long ago, now was it?

Well now that we are about to put a true Marxist into office and majority support for him into both houses of Congress, we shall finally see what a red America will look like.

I can't wait, can you?

No comments: