Thursday, February 7, 2008

You know what? "NO".

Now I'm being asked to let bygones be bygones and support McCain.

You know what? "NO".

In 1991 President Bush raised taxes. He participated in, at that time, the largest single tax increase in U.S. history. I joined many other conservative republicans and issued a protest vote for Ross Perot. We killed ourselves. We gave us Clinton. Good God almighty we wrecked things for everyone for 8 years.

You know what? I don't care. I am fixin' to do it again. Democrats have no integrity. They can do or say whatever they want. They own that MO. We don't need to join them. When principles are at stake, they need to be stood up for. Bush 41 did not, and he suffered the wrath of his party.

Now it is McCain's turn. He has spit on conservative principles and on conservatives far too many times to be forgiven just because he is the nominee. Screw that. He is not a conservative. He does not have integrity. From Amnesty to taxes, abortion to Swift Boaters, and judges to marriage. He is on the wrong side of every issue. Not only that, but he has used stealth and subtrefuge to block honest conservative efforts in all areas, to compromise with the opposition (Democrats), and to disparage and discourage conservatives everywhere all during Bush 43's two terms in office.

I for one will not forgive McCain. I for one will not support McCain. And if I contribute to submitting the country to the disaster of Democrat rule for the next 4 years, so be it. If a liberal is going to be in office, it should at least be a liberal in both function and label. Not a liberal dishonestly masking himself as a conservative to get power.

If McCain becomes president I will only hope and pray that the office will make the man. It has happened before, and I wouldn't rule out the chance. But I will not lift a finger to help him get there.

For the first presidential election in my life since I have been able to vote, I choose to stay home.

No comments: