Wednesday, September 10, 2008

All-in for Palin

Well, yep - I'll enter the ante.

Who'd a thunk the punk-boy had the cojones for this selection?

Now let me say I wish no harm on the maverick, but how I wish there were some way we could flip the ticket. Oh, how I wish.

Democrats are stunned and a bit frustrated. No matter what mud they throw, it doesn't seem to stick. Anybody remember 8 years of Clinton? Welcome to our frustration.

If the teflon gal holds up through it she'll carry Mr. McCain into the White House, I believe. It's refreshing to see how many people actually do hold more conservative beliefs than we are led to believe by all the tongues sitting at news anchor desks. Gee, to listen to the lot of them there are only 6 real conservatives in the whole United States.

But with Palin on the ticket, suddenly it seems conservatives outnumber liberals. It is pleasant to behold, if a bit amazing.

I'm not completely naive. A lot happens in the last 2 months of a presidential campaign. One thing is for sure - if the race stays within 4 points either way, the networks definitely won't be trying to call the election early as they have so many times before.

Remember that I am NOT voting for McCain. There is no political death-bed conversion that will enable me to do that after all the wounds he dealt conservatism over the years.

However, I will be happier if he gets in than I would be if the other side and all their hope for change because it is something to believe in change we can hope for if we just believe that we can change so that we can again have hope.

Almost makes me feel sorry for Hillary. Oh, wait. Not. Can't give much credit to 147 "I don't recall"s during the Whitewater hearings about her 60 hours of booked time for the Rose Law Firm.

And for the encore, how about Joe B? All excited at a rally mentions a guy in a wheel chair, and shouts "Stand up Chuck! Let everybody see you! Stand Up! Oh my, what amd I talkin' about? Well, everybody here is standing up for you, Chuck!"

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Funnier than Bob Dole falling off the stage in '96.

No comments: