Friday, March 27, 2009

The great viral fight

I have a virus. If there is any war to fight, this one should be the biggest. After 4 days and several tactical defeats, my immune system seems to be gaining the strategic advantage. Ahhhhh.

I remember an episode of 3rd Rock from the Sun, where the family members each got sick, and it was hilarious. You know - how we love to laugh at the suffering of others. That kind of hilarious. They thought they had been poisoned and were going to die. Well, sometimes that's how it feels. Being so cold you know you can never get warm again, and shivering so hard you feel like you might have a heart attack. Being sick to your stomach and hungry at the same time - what's up with that?

And the worst part, for you older sickies like me, we don't eat for 3 days and think "well at least I lost some weight!" WRONG. I step on the scale this morning and I haven't lost an ounce. My wife says - "you probably drank a lot of water". Nope, I didn't despite all the warnings: "Drink lots of water" "You better drink a lot of water" "Just keep drinking water". I didn't. I dind't eat. I didn't drink much. Still, no weight loss. Oh well. Maybe this virus stopped my metabolism too. I'm getting over it and think it will be gone within 1 or 2 more days. I can't wait.

No comments: